A Driving Instructor's Blog

I’m putting the parts together at the moment – just finished the seating half.

While I was assembling it I discovered an error in one of the dimensions on the diagram in Part 2 of this project.

You can find Part #4 (the final) of this project here.

The support strut longest length should be 90mm and not 110mm.

I’ve amended the original diagram and annotated the Part 2 write up. Apologies to anyone who has been following this (and there appear to be quite a few) – but at least it is an error in the right direction – the part will just need trimming slightly. I used a flap wheel on my angle grinder to work it down.

I don’t know how it happened. I made a mock-up out of paper when I did the original calculation, so I can only guess that I put the wrong dimension in the drawing as a typo – and that’s what I was following!

Incidentally, I’m getting better at welding as I do this and one thing I’ve learned – probably obvious to those with more experience – and that is GO SLOWLY . You get a nice weld without gaps or pockets of slag.

EDIT: If you came to this page from a search engine, don’t forget to look for Kneeling Chair Project parts #1, #2, #3, and #4 (plus a couple of updates) using the site search facility. This project is now complete and there are drawing/blueprints in the other parts.

(1 views today)
Share